Here are a few things I love about my birthday:
1. The first phone call of the day will be my sister singing Happy Birthday to the tune of Sanford & Son's theme song.
2. My first birthday text of the day will come from my friend, Lady J. She's forced to wait patiently before sending it, because even though she is up every morning around 4:30 (she runs or bicycles 16 miles a day), she knows I'd better not hear that text sound coming from my phone before six freaking thirty. (Y'all know I'm not a morning person).
3. Mr. Man and I will go out for dinner this evening. I'll get to pick the place. And he will eat all of his food (really fast) and then "help" me finish mine.
4. At least one of my children will forget it's my birthday and upon getting out of bed, all sleepy-headed and stuff, they'll mumble "mornin'" as I greet them with my smiley-birthday-face. It won't be until later today when they see it on Facebook that will they text me a "Happy Birthday Mom."
5. My wonderful mother will call later today, in a panic, wanting to know if I received the birthday card that she forgot to mail.
6. My husband's Dad and his wife from Colorado will call and say (verbatim) "HEEEEYYY! Happy Birthday Dina! We love you!" And, my husband's Mom and her husband from Florida will call and say (verbatim) "Hi Dina! Just want to wish you Happy Birthday. Did you get the day off from work today?" On both calls I'll ramble on and on about the weather, my birthday activities, the kids, my job, etc.
7. Later this evening, with the kids sitting around looking bored (but trying really hard not to,) I will open the gifts (I requested a few weeks ago) and will be pleasantly suprised that they got them for me. Mr. Man will be seated at the dining room table, with his legs crossed, smiling and happy because he's like that on my birthday.
8. And at the end of the day, lying in bed on my bad back, I'll look up at the ceiling and whisper with such gratitude, "Thank you Lord for yet another year."
I'm participating in November's NaBloPoMo. Click here for the hundreds of other bloggers participating.