I learned these things when I graduated from the Leadership Academy:
- Acts of leadership take courage.
- Leadership is not a "position" or a "title" --- it is action.
- Leadership is hard work and often it is very, very, messy work.
- What looks like work is sometimes is an opportunity.
- Leadership is a journey. Not a destination.
Today I was put in to an unexpected role of leadership and this is what I learned:
- To be a leader, a thick skin will come in handy.
- Your leadership skills may not necessarily be recognized as such and if not, that's okay.
- Leadership may sometimes mean giving in to go forward.
- What looks like an opportunity can be an awakening.
- Leadership is a common foe before it becomes an uncomfortable friend.